GET IN TOUCH
For further information please complete the form below.
We are accredited by / members of:
To all our valued clients,
Strata Defect Specialists Sydney (SDSS) are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff and clients during these trying times.
In response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, SDSS have developed the following policies and procedures, in line with Government advice, as we continue to carry out defect inspections to ensure the safety of your buildings.
It is important to note that building inspections are an essential service where major defects such as structural defects, water ingress, fire defects or combustible cladding are identified.
As such, we are committed to carrying out defect inspections during this time, ensuring that special precautions are taken as required, in response to the current health crisis.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to minimize disruptions to our customer service due to the Coronavirus, however the health and safety of our clients, staff and the community are our absolute priority.
Please see the policies and procedures set out below, as at 24th April 2020:
– Prior to any inspection, declaration forms will be required to be completed by all staff and clients to confirm whether:
• They have traveled overseas in the last three months.
• They have any cold or flu symptoms.
• They have been in contact with anyone tested positive to Coronavirus.
• They are required to self-isolate.
– Social distancing will be maintained with a majority of inspections being carried out by one staff member only. Where this is not possible, staff are instructed to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from all other people.
– No other person will be allowed to accompany a staff member unless it is deemed absolutely necessary and at the sole discretion of the staff member.
– Staff have been advised that they must only ride in a building lift in isolation – no more than one (1) person in a lift at any time.
– Staff are required to wear protective clothing and equipment such as masks, gloves and shoe coverings at all times; gloves and shoe coverings are to be changed frequently.
– All staff will be provided with hand sanitizer and spray-on disinfectant.
– All staff are required to wash hands frequently throughout the day.
– All staff are instructed to practice good respiratory hygiene (sneezing/coughing).
– All staff will have their temperatures taken prior to any inspections with an
infrared thermometer. If a staff member is found to have a temperature, they will not be permitted to carry out inspections.
As the Government continues to update us, SDSS will revise our policies and procedures to comply with the Federal and State Government recommendations.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
for and on behalf of
Strata Defect Specialists Sydney
Nicholas J Hudson JP